Thread: Fantasy Mapper Here!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Basics About Me

Basically, I work in Bryce to make overland geography, SnagIt! to make Dungeon and City Maps and PSP to cleanup or add effects (I normally use tubes, flares and other plugins).

None of the work I've made over the years has been as high a quality as I "dreamed," and many times I was reluctant to show players my work because...despite putting (occasionally) hours in complex maps, I never felt confident. Even using CC2 did not feel right.

Occasionally I'll use Bryce to make a mini-movie, however without the cities and other landmarks my audience needs to feel the reality of the world....it's less astonishing...and that requires time I just cannot sink into a map that I might use a half a dozen times in a given campaign (depending).

Here are a few examples - Bryce and SnagIt!

The Bryce image took me about 25-30 minutes to get right. The SnagIt! images took me much less time (3-5 minutes per map). For quick maps that players won't see, I swear by it.

Anyhow, that's my artistic background. I'm looking forward to learning Gimp and providing all of you with the fruits of those labors

:Edit: Images thumbnailed. - Ravells
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1.bmp 
Views:	78 
Size:	900.1 KB 
ID:	3710   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a2.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	3711   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a3.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	152.1 KB 
ID:	3712  
    Last edited by ravells; 05-20-2008 at 05:52 AM.