Dalym Ler'rak Stumbled through the hip high water and felt his feet hit sharp rock. he didn't mind the pain he only felt the exhilaration of stepping foot on Assina the land he had known was here. He had begged and gambled and risked all he had to come here to prove that it was real. To prove that there was something besides endless ocean beyond the borders of the Old Kingdom. He knelt in the shining sand of the shoreline and let the sun beam down upon him like the loving touch of the gods. He stood and whispered. "I name this land Assina, The Land of Hope and I claim it for no crown" He knew that his rebellion was going to be short lived. Already his assistant was stumbling ashore with the Queens banner which Ler'rak was supposed to shove into the sand and claim this land for her majesty. The thought disgusted him. How could someone claim anything this beautiful? This pure. The thought of the old queen and her sycophants turning this land into another resource sickened him. He knew there was little he could do about it but he was determined to enjoy the peace and purity for as long as he was able....

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
Excellent textures and colors
Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
Looking very good so far. I immediately recognized the Torq influence too.

Cheers,
-Arsheesh
Thanks my friend. Torq's mountains are the ones that I get the best most consistent results from

Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
Awesome 'start'. It's very evocative. I can easily imagine, growing, thriving communities at some point built around the estuaries and the river.

Once the current inhabitants have been tamed of course...
Thanks. And of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
I really adore maps with saturated color. This one looks so lush and beautiful; the textures are amazing. The marshland? is amazing. I always love seeing how people manage to pull it off, because I sure can't. I think I might like to see a bit more detail out of the rivers, but all in all this map is gorgeous and I can't wait to see its completion.
Thanks so much. It is really a matter of finding the right colors and textures to depict what you see. It's all just trial and error. Give it a try !!

Did a little more texture work to this as well as some lighting. I think I'm done with the physical construction of this. If I follow the timeline in my story blurb there won't be much labeling as this land is newly discovered.... Hmm something to think about...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Assira.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	3.90 MB 
ID:	49563