Thread: Village of Albridge - Developed draft, need input

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Agatheron View Post
    I'm trying to build in a steep-ish forested ravine in the darker areas on the west side of the stone road so that it gives some focus as to where the battle is most likely to take place (southeast).
    I'd appreciate any input you might have for me.
    A couple of questions.
    Is the dark area the limits of the ravine? Would the center of the dark area be the lowest point?
    More detail on your intent would help others offer more specific advice.

My only immediate observation is that the road appears to ignore the ravine slopes completely. It should probably do something. A narrow log bridge over it, or a switchback along the slopes or divert around the ravine … something.

Guild Novice

The ravine was the most recent addition, so I have yet to adjust the road accordingly. My intention is to heavily tree up the east side of the steep slope to make it difficult for formations of troops to move through and flank. Thanks for noticing the shadowing issue. Cc3 has a global sun feature that you can turn on and off for each layer. I expect that I'll have to look a bit closer with each of the sheet effects to make sure everything is pointed in the same direction.

I'm most interested in how far the cultivated fields should extend beyond the buildings... Or should those areas further out from the buildings be more pasture type land. Thanks for the suggestions so far, this one is still very much under development...