Thread: Map for a Island

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey - cool idea! I've been seeing a lot of "serious" stuff, and it's great to see something this "out there". I like you're ideas - flying sharks are a great idea ^_^ I'd love to help out in any way I can, but a couple questions:
    1) what style are you looking for? Smooth/clean vector? Sepia-tones? Old-style? Hand-drawn? 3D? Maybe post an example map in the style(s) you're interested in.
    2) do you want sketches of the different encounter types shown on the map?
    3) do you have names for this stuff already, or do you mind if I throw a couple on there?
    4) how "serious" is this is? Are you looking to do something in the line of Conan, or more like Terry Pratchett? That can affect the names (the difference between Draggydska and DragonSpike, I guess)

Sounds like this could be really interesting! Oh, you said "D&D-like" - what system are you using? Or are you designing it?

So many questions! But I hope I can help!
    Portfolio & Project Blog: 99 Colored Umbrellas
    World Building Project: Worlds of Sand

Guild Journeyer

thanks kestrelgrey! thats great!

im using "Old Dragon", the first old school inspired RPG created here in Brazil. i dont have a style for the map, but i love AD&D style of maps. its suppose to be a lost island, and any DM can fit it in their campaign. i prefer not 3D, but have no restrictions for the rest.

i have only a couple of names:

the isle is called "Harmak" (A Ilha Perdida de Harmal).
    the gorilla forest is called "Gorilur", and the spider/scorpion guys mountain range is called "Harakpaktcha". thats the only name for places i have now, heheh, but would love any help, and the names in the map would be awesome! please contribute as you feel like.

I prefer only this "general" map, and not individual for the diferent types of enconter

any help would be great!

thanks in advance

rafael

(oh, just in case you want to check, im blogging parts of it. the final result would be a pdf, free. a friend is doing some of the art: http://moostache.com.br/gorilur-a-fl...las-de-sangue/
    http://moostache.com.br/harakpaktcha/
    Last edited by rossik; 11-07-2012 at 08:26 AM.