Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: W.I.P map for upcoming novel... would love critique before starting in Photoshop

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    One thing you may want to watch out for is the difference in values (light dark/contrast) of the forests and water bodies. The colors are very similar between them, too, but my eyes are finding it especially hard to keep them separated in the greyscale version since the only real difference is that the forests have trunks... vs. in the previous wip, you kept all of the trees lighter than the water.
    Agreed. Something about the grayscale map was bothering me just a tad. That was it.

Quote Originally Posted by gbsilverio View Post
    Agreed. Something about the grayscale map was bothering me just a tad. That was it.
    It's funny... that was bothering me too. I think I found a solution and I'd post it, but it's on my flash drive that I happened to leave in my PC at work (dangit). I'll post the final soon.

Thank you again everyone.

Alrighty the map is complete... Took 12 days, but I'm calling it done. I started a thread in the completed map section http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...tml#post201136
    I hope you all like it. and like I promised there's some info there about my book.

Thanks for all your advice

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234