Thread: Quite some time ago... :) WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Most recent Image
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tolon_Map_Complete_WIP2.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	535.5 KB 
ID:	3881  

Newest Update.

Right now Im working on the mainland northern part, specifically the mountains. Just taking a break after colouring them... details and surrounding hilly terrain comes soon.

NOTE:
    I cannot upload the picture, the forum does not let me. When I upload the JPEG (nearly 3 MB), I get a white-screen in the upload-window. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by MadLetter View Post
    Newest Update.

Right now Im working on the mainland northern part, specifically the mountains. Just taking a break after colouring them... details and surrounding hilly terrain comes soon.

NOTE:
    I cannot upload the picture, the forum does not let me. When I upload the JPEG (nearly 3 MB), I get a white-screen in the upload-window. Any suggestions?
    Hi Madletter, I can't think why your image is not uploading. I'll bring it up with the other community helpers and Arcana, I'm sure one of them will be able to find a fix.

Cheers

Ravs

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Most recent Image
    The map (or the completed portions) looks great, so far.

I have one question: How did you do that beautiful lettering? Is it hand lettered, or done with a font?

Only quibble: there's a lot of dead-space at the bottom of the map. Are you planning on using this? If not, it might be better to cut out the extra empty ocean. EDIT: Nevermind... that empty space comment is based on the "most recent image", which is a zoom. Taking a look back at the full map, it looks like the main continent dips quite far down into that empty space.

Yup the continent fills most of the north-south length, the lower part of the left side will eventually contain some additional information.

Thanks for the compliment btw! Encourages me to get working again

The lettering is made by a font (although I also have a good handwriting ;] ) called AquilineTwo, which fits quite well with the whole image.

I wish I could post a most recent update, but somehow this site does not like me doing this

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

The lettering is made by a font (although I also have a good handwriting ;] ) called AquilineTwo, which fits quite well with the whole image.

I wish I could post a most recent update, but somehow this site does not like me doing this
    Do tell. Where do you obtain AquilineTwo, and at what price?

I'm new here, so I don't know much about whether there's an update limit or what. I'm still learning, too...

I got it from work, but the interwebs state it's free for personal use. If used commercially, it might be different, though...

Thanks ravells.

Might someone eventually give me his e-mail so he could upload it here for me? >_<

Also I found the website of the designer of the AquillineTwo font:

LINK

Seems if you want to use it commercially, you have to donate to some organization...

I still can't post the pictures, which by now angering me a little -_-

Anyone knows a good location where I can freely upload large pictures? (Jpeg right now is about 3.5 MB)

EDIT: I splitted the map up in different parts. Hope this works. Reference to my first post, the big map, as to what is where.

Also of six map-parts, I can only get two up. Anything else yields me a database error *Grumble*
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	East Coast - South of Depor.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	967.0 KB 
ID:	3999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hajien Mainland.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	4000  
    Last edited by MadLetter; 05-28-2008 at 02:24 PM.