Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: RPGMapMaker's Free Brush Packs (PS7)

These are amazing. They were exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Sorry for not posting in this for such a long time... Here is a .png of some mountains. It should be easy for you to use them by cutting them out and using a "Multiply" transfer mode to take the white out. If there is still interest in brushes just let me know and I will make some for you.

I make things big then shrink them to make it look like I can draw :-)

I am always taking requests for items like the ones in this thread.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mounts1.png 
Views:	557 
Size:	404.1 KB 
ID:	42942

Free for any type of use.

-RPGMM
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Default More Mountains

Here are some fast Mountains, Hills, Rocks, and Dirt brushes. As long as you use them only once or twice per section these will work for the more hand drawn (old novel type) maps. Mixed with some of my tree brushes you should start to get some good results

My goal here is not to have the best looking mountains... just useable ones.

Zip File: Mount_Pack_1.zip

Name:	Mounts2.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	339.5 KB 
ID:	42957

Name:	Mounts2.png 
Views:	335 
Size:	114.5 KB 
ID:	42956

-RPGMM
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Thank you! Your brushes is really good !

I have been working on a map for the current mapping challenge and thought I would share the brushes I have made for it. These are hand drawn and then scanned.

I hope you enjoy them.

Map Pack #1 Zip File:
    Map_Pack1.zip

Cool reference Picture (red lines separate the brushes that I thought might confuse people)

Name:	Map_Pack1.jpg 
Views:	3209 
Size:	323.3 KB 
ID:	43147

Guild Novice

Thanks so much! Rated

I didn't go through all the pages.... Are the image packs included with these? I use Paint Shop Pro, so I just need the PSD files and I can make them into brushes.
    I used Old Guys Realistic Coastline Tutorial modified for PSPx3.
    How's It Looking? - Please provide me with your input.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Raederle's Avatar

Thanks for all the brushes! I especially like the newest set of trees which has some definition. I would use your mountains, except that I'd have to flip them over and make them into brushes myself to use them because the mountain packs I already have contain lighting from the left (shadows on the right), and yours are the opposite.

I would like to see more city stuff, but mostly what I'm looking for is really detailed drawings of buildings. When I say "really detailed" I don't mean super huge, but, more than outlines, and with shading. So, including windows, stonework, etc. I'd love to see stables, mills, old-styled factories, a watermill, and so on.

Also, I have not seen *ANY* river brushes.

I've found some waves, but they were pretty simple and I could have easily made them myself. I'd love to see an all-around good water pack with rivers, waves, lilypads, reeds, shorelines, lakes and ponds.

Thanks again for your brushes!

PS: It'd be really great if you made some groups of your new trees together with them overlapping and some larger than others.
    Last edited by Raederle; 07-01-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Absolutely awesome thread. Particularly for 'newbie' cartographers. Thank you so much for your generosity! Rep to you.

thanks for the brushes, I was making maps in Campaign Cartographer but I didn't like the way they came out (it was probally me) so I am going to try Photoshop. I downloaded a tutorial here to help me. I have PS experience but not in maps.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast