Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Lands of Fagacea

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

Thanks foremost honestly if i say that i see some difference of the 5 samples will be a lie, cos i dont see any Appreciate you helping me in this.

I tried change the colors but i liked this blue/ green touch, took me a lots to define my base color in shape and 3D terrain. It looks like more with what type of world is this (whit angels, Valkyries, elves), i dont have many of other type of population in this world. Wanted to keep this touch of sky, water, spiritual world.

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    I saw you want to steal my Green Havens one Go go go if you feel it fits your map!
    Also I concur on forests, you should make then more dense in my opinion.
    Btw good job overall
    Dont call the cops anymore, it isnt considered a steal since u gave the permission. Damm, how can be, just singles lines represent so nice a farm o.0?

Ok, it is looking good for me, just 3 points to observe, first time that i got a nice performance like this
    will try upload something today or tmr, want to define this lay out to go to may 2 fantastics place... where i still dont know how to 2..... a HUGE mountain with 3 towns and Floating Islands.

Thank you both again!

I really like the color scheme you've used, including its current brightness level. It's certainly unusual, and that definitely gives it a spirit-world flavor.

I concur with the others regarding the farms; the textured look to them does not match the rest of the hand-drawn style, and the colors are jarring. I think that's mostly a matter of them being over saturated.

Regarding your text, I think the script style works for the larger labels, but it gets very difficult to read the smaller you go. I don't think any amount of glow or stroke will help that. I think what you need is to select a very legible secondary font that matches the style but is more traditional in shape. It definitely should not have any swashes. I don't have any suggestions off the top of my head, though.

I think you should do something to tone down the whites of the heraldic shields. Either add a little bit of tint to them, or perhaps change their blend mode to multiply so the white vanishes. Likewise, the white trees need some color. They don't necessarily need a lot, but a very light cool gray will help them integrate better into the rest of the map.

Overall, I really like this map. Good job, and I'm looking forward to your next revision.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

Well I suppose the brightness and the blue hue are two different things. I think the blue coloring is just personal preference, and keep or change however you want. I don't LOVE it, but that, of course, is simply my own opinion.

Weird to me that you don't see a difference between the brightnesses... I see a huge difference between the uppermost left and the lower right.

That being said, not my map. Do what you chose, and I am sure it'll come out unique and nice-looking.

Good luck!
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Quote Originally Posted by foremost View Post
    Well I suppose the brightness and the blue hue are two different things. I think the blue coloring is just personal preference, and keep or change however you want. I don't LOVE it, but that, of course, is simply my own opinion.

Weird to me that you don't see a difference between the brightnesses... I see a huge difference between the uppermost left and the lower right.

That being said, not my map. Do what you chose, and I am sure it'll come out unique and nice-looking.

Good luck!
    Guys pls
    This is my first map, everything that u say i check and see if i like or no. Without all comments, i dunno if i was able to do a 1/4 that what i did. I appreciate all comments and just see as constructive advice. If someone say something to me here, and i dont use in this map, is just in this map. Probably in future i will need in other experience, for now, all experience that i can get come from you

Quote Originally Posted by foremost View Post
    I think brightness 15% with some contrast looks best, but I wouldn't go any brighter. That makes the trees look better too.
    Using this configuration: brightness 15% and contrast 80%

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Nice improvements here!
    I'd also get rid of the farms that looks too computer generated imho. I saw you want to steal my Green Havens one Go go go if you feel it fits your map!
    Also I concur on forests, you should make then more dense in my opinion.
    Btw good job overall
    I steal, i use!! Thank Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Regarding your text, I think the script style works for the larger labels, but it gets very difficult to read the smaller you go. I don't think any amount of glow or stroke will help that. I think what you need is to select a very legible secondary font that matches the style but is more traditional in shape. It definitely should not have any swashes. I don't have any suggestions off the top of my head, though.

I think you should do something to tone down the whites of the heraldic shields. Either add a little bit of tint to them, or perhaps change their blend mode to multiply so the white vanishes. Likewise, the white trees need some color. They don't necessarily need a lot, but a very light cool gray will help them integrate better into the rest of the map.
    Cool, i am looking for one font that match with one that i am using. Soon i will test something, thank you for the tip I put some green in the white trees.

Guess i will start work with the template to finish the map, till i get more observation. Someone thought about the region name?

"Os Reinos Menores do Norte" - The Smaller Kingdoms North

Like i said i dont liked the "Smaller" term.
    Ok, here the last update. Thank you all <3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Padrao_Rebuild_ver3_dimensao[275%-epic].jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	52124  

Lesser Kingdoms of the North?

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

^ sounds good.

Nice farms there! Don't want to bother you but I'm still thinking that those mountains need a bit of color touch. And still don't want more dense forests? :p It could maybe help to make the labels more readable on them, for now they're hard to read.

Keep up the good job!

Loved the name!!! I adopted it ok ty Midgar.

More brown in the mountains? It got the max that i can in same opacity rest of the field. I test it in other layer.
    Forests i guess i got enough, i don't want the tress overlapping too much, but i am going to bigger labels.

i have something prepared here, but need update my MMO or need to play everything tmr.

Do you believe that i am going to finish this map soon? I still dont know when will be the time to stop hehe

This is the first attempt to finish. It is the max quality that i can get with 4 mb. Really need to show it to someone... honestly i can see nothing more, guess much time with same image in front of my eyes.

Put more colors in mountains and used Stroke instead of glow in the labels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	3.58 MB 
ID:	52163  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Some mountains needs more shading or highlightning colors though. On some of them we can see the land color through them.
    I'm not fond of the border. It really needs more work to be a good one The corners embellishments unbalance the border and You shouldn't just put the black elements on it but rather think in a way to melt/mix them with the border.

So, no, it's not yet the finishing time !

Also, those ornaments in the corner are blurrier than the rest of the elements. They've been scaled up much too far. So you need to either rebuild them at this scale, find a higher resolution source for them, or scale them back down to close to their original resolution. You might be able to sharpen them, but you'll probably wind up having to do quite a lot of touching up to deal with ringing and noise.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast