Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Lands of Fagacea

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

I suppose that i am not able to work with some decorations like i tried. Maybe need try learn more about it.

For this update follow more color in mountains like Max recommended. some more touches in terrain and labels. I tried to work like with the ornaments, re-path in the right dimension and added some filters.

One way and other i am uploading one file with the decorations an other where i gave up to put it

***EDIT***
    Wrong pictures uploaded - removed the current.
    Last edited by aquarits; 02-13-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Now i upload the right maps. I deleted the older.

For this update follow more color in mountains like Max recommended. some more touches in terrain and labels. I tried to work like with the ornaments, re-path in the right dimension and added some filters.

One way and other i am uploading one file with the decorations an other where i gave up to put it
    Sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	52212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1_sem.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	3.43 MB 
ID:	52213  

Other test using the decoration.

For this update, i have now the last lvl of the kingdons symbols where i updated the compass with they. changed some label position, cos i noticed some getting cut with this test. Made the font with a better size in the compass, now can read it clearly and adjusted the size/scale for exatcly 12 km.

Name:	3k.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	52252  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I'd definitely get rid of the low quality decoration, who don't fit the map and the border, and try something else. And also get some a few hightlights on mountains since they are colored now but look a bit too dark.

Blog Entries

I'd have to go along with Max and say that those border decorations really don't gel with the rest of the map. If you're going to do something more with them, ie paint them, then they could work but right now they just looked pasted on.

Oh, and btw, I see you have a place called "Candida" on your map. That is actually the proper name for "Thrush," a yeast infection that you can get in your mouth and on your genitals... just saying as you might want to change it.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Ok, check this attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    Oh, and btw, I see you have a place called "Candida" on your map. That is actually the proper name for "Thrush," a yeast infection that you can get in your mouth and on your genitals... just saying as you might want to change it.
    its a real name
    Cant imagine the synonymous! Thanks for your advice, but is a name of a important person in the whole history.

Name:	3k.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	52310  
    Last edited by aquarits; 02-15-2013 at 10:27 PM.

since nobody replied here, i guess this map is finished
    Here is the description till i create a finished maps post:

In begin this region was formed for a single kingdom, The old Kingdom of Eurong. Beset by a group of Fallen renegade angels, the population dominated by fear started to moving to neighboring kingdoms. Years later these same angels began to follow their own destiny and slowly spreading and living in the shadows of the world of Egos. With only their ancestor descendants in memory of their parents started the construction of the magnificent Tower of Sion, a splendid building that can be seen for days of travel of distance.With their land free again, the ancient inhabitants and their descendants began a real exodus in search of their land, culture and hospitality. Divided by influences from other cultures, other two small kingdoms born in this new formation. Galaria and Dales.
    For nearly a century these three kingdoms disputed the boundaries of the northern lands, until a legendary son of a Valkyrie began an epic struggle looking for the unification of the three kingdoms. States now they had, as a great empire, political and economic strength that matched the other kingdoms of the continent. The Lesser Kingdoms of the North as formed.
    The three northern kingdoms stand out in the history of the continent of Theon for his ability and dedication to form tracts that have already been responsible to end wars and not letting others start. Currently this region is plagued by another delicate situation. Exactly located in the center of a political conflict that burst with a thread of a war ever seen in the world. A railway line that would link the Valdorn to Tristania is a bold project that aims the world economy.
    When this, in West, Tristania stands with petroleum and gold ready to complete this project. To the south, Hirkania brings steel, for this gigantic construction and in east, Valdorn houses all the secrets of this technology. In the center beyond the Three Kingdoms, Veloria have the main ingredient of this epic construction. The land.
    Determined to not devastate their forests, the elves are willing to defend their lands until the last thread of magic, connected by this mystical force, the magicians of far southern kingdom, Randoria intends helps them, because in the end, the strength acting on its floating islands depend directly on the existence of elves.
    If anyone can resolve this situation, Is the strength contained in the lips of skilled emperors who composes the Trio Viratu governing the northern lands.
    Tristania began construction in their lands.

Tower of Sion

Azarel Kel is a Nephilim, son of angels with humans. His father, one of the renegade angels, disappeared to protect himself from the attacks of the celestial punishment. Guarding to honor his father, Kel Azarel decided, to create a home to host all renegades and all his descendants. Thus was born the Tower of Sion. A huge building that does not stop growing, the highest peaks actually touch the clouds and today hosts more than five thousand inhabitants. A city around the tower houses a commercial center very active in and around the tower, spread infinite farms, making a self-sustainable economy. Although, the renegades not want to meet, thus avoiding being easy targets, the Tower of Sion, time in time gets these visitors. For some special reason, what lurks just inside the walls of the tower, this place has never been the celestial target. Legends pray that the walls were built with the bones of gods so immune to the angelic powers.

The area of the Lesser Kingdoms of the North has about 500,000 km ² and a population of 30 000 inhabitants spread.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Well, well, well I wouldn't called it finished regarding the border :p In my opinion, it still needs some work. I concur with Ramah about it : for now it looks like isolated elements pasted on (plus those elements are too blurry). I'd personnaly remove them and replace them with something that looks closer to the compass for example. Sorry to bother you with it but im my opinion such details are important on a map. I'd better appreciate some map with a decent border ( at least a simple one that fits the whole map design). Just my two cents here

i tried work in a border, but i cant do it still, maybe need more skills with photoshop.
    So instead of inventing, I left for practice.

this is the new area with shy improvments i guess, hope some coments

Willpower. This is the vital energy of the survival of Randoria.
    Formed with arcane bases, this empire is devoted entirely to the study of magic arts. Reinforces the idea that the people of Randoria were the first to have friendly contacts with the celestial beings. When say friendly, I mean not hostile, since this creatures are not interested in mortal factors.
    Since the wars of the Brethren, Randoria established a covenant with the existence. Tell the stories that the end of the Great War, a force began to reign in the hearts of the realm. Since then, a priest prays day and night for the existence of magic and maintain harmony throughout the empire. The willpower of this, is so great that it was responsible for the immersion of the great and legendary floating islands of Randoria. Even today, a chosen and maintained under these constant training and behavior, this priest is known from time to time as "the oracle."
    Randoria is in the extreme south of the continent Phaten, and has the second largest landholding in the region. Allies of the elves of Veloria, the live in a standoff with the high development of technology in Valdorn, which divides the kingdom between the land of Randoria and Veloria.

The floating islands of Randoria

The oracle is an important figure in all spheres of Randoria structure. Since taking the decisions leading up to keep warm as the faith of his subjects through their prayers. A group of monks keeps helping the oracle in their prayers, once a year, the oracle rest for 15 days, during this period without the prayers of the saint, the floating islands almost touch the ground. In total the floating archipelago sum six islands, which host the large capital and an academy where only the most devout and able can potentially initiate studies. The energy that sustain the islands in the air is directly linked to two factors, the prayers and the oracle and the magic of Veloria. Although not proven, but a singular phenomenon happens in the same period of the rest of the oracle in the mystical mountain waterfalls of Veloria. When the islands are about to touch the ground, these falls almost dry, which further strengthens this mystical connection between the two kingdoms.
    Randoria, Randy, Farsla, Senitem, Tandra and Zyn are the manes of the 6 islands in the 1,9 million km² with around 50k inhabitants.

Name:	Randoria.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	3.86 MB 
ID:	52577  

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast