Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Lands of Fagacea

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Great! Though I think that the cities/town and such icons don't fit the terrains very well, but maybe it's the low image quality or the reddish outlines I don't know. Same for the compass, it looks awesome but the lines are too thin considering the way you draw the map imho. Can't wait to see the following progress

Guild Adept Facebook Connected aquarits's Avatar

1 - i am uploading files with 2,2mb, a better quality mean that i need to use like 6 mb and forum wont let me upload it. yea, it is 6 mb
    2 - i tried use just 3 colors, black, red and green. The red in towns was to be like a rubber stamp I am working to use the towns icon in with a emboss in wax, want something like it with some blur and smudges:

3 - U right about the compass, i used line size 3, like i used in the rest of the map. But map got resized, easy to fix it, just need to re-patch the border.

Now i really need suggestions and more observations, guess i cant find much more things ... as my fist map, dunno if it is going to get finished.

the Compass rose i liked <3
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	compass rose.jpg 
Views:	21929 
Size:	205.3 KB 
ID:	51231  

This compass is stunning job!
    For the icons, not sure u can have something like you show, the lines are too thin imo

how u do with your icons?
    I draw it in the size that i will use in the map, its hard to draw, the lines not looks clear coz the icons are small. May i draw it bigger and resize in the map?

On my WIP (Empire of Lorn) I draw my icons like near twice the size they look on the map, with a 0,1 diameter pen then rezise them when I made brushes

hmm, my small towns i use a area of 25x25 or 49x49 px, guess a pen size 3 px. If u are saying in mm, my pen is near to 0,8 mm, checking your map, your icons looks like 49x49 (minimal). Ok i will check it, and will post a progress soon.
    Just got a new boss, guess cannot use some time in my work for mapping

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    This compass is stunning job!
    For the icons, not sure u can have something like you show, the lines are too thin imo
    Thank You very much Max. I apreciated a "stunning" comment for my first work!

My cities brushes are from 40 to 60 px. Having troubles with scanner, I use a digital camera and import them in photshop so the pics come in a way bigger size, so I had to reduce the size. Maybe that explain it I don't know

Yes, i do the same, i need to use a cam to get my icons, i dont have a scaner Phot with a cam

So i made the checks, here is the results:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sem Título-1.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	51238
    Icon 1 - draw in a patch of 49x49 - pen 3 px ( if draw in a 25x25 with pen 3 px is exactly the same)
    Icon 2 - draw in a patch of 49x49 - pen 5 px
    Icon 3 - draw in a patch of 97x97 - pen 3 px
    Icon 4 - draw in a patch of 97x97 - pen 5 px
    Icon 5 - draw in a patch of 97x97 - pen 9 px

All resized 400%, close to the proportion that i use map x template. guess i will use the icon 2 and 5 to check in my map.
    Last edited by aquarits; 01-14-2013 at 09:27 AM.

Question Bad Felling

Guys i have a weird felling right now.
    I just made the new set of my mountains and was starting to draw it:

But when i started do it, i just lost all the will to keep doing :/ I look to my map and see that it is over, will start run in circles and guess i need something different. I dunno wut is this, but i just cant continue doing this map. Next step is detail a new area, and start do everything again?
    Same style of mountains, trees, just making a bit different for each region...
    I have a entire world that i want to detail, but i just think in 2 things:
    1 - i am not having progress
    2 - i dont defined the right or not a my "loved" style.

I loved the power of creation that a mapper have in hands... guess i finished this map >.< I suppose that someone felt this thing before and can help me explain wut i am felling right now. Guess i will change the style again, following other tutos. Hope that need to learn be the obstacle to continue this style of map, and just feed the will to improve my skills and develop others.
    Attached i have my world.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	egos_full_final.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	51266  

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast