Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Niil world's map; WIP

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Filter > Sketch > Reticulation. Just ran a test, for a 1000 X 1000 map, ran some clouds then set all of the sliders to 6. Check it, looks pretty good.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Filter > Sketch > Reticulation. Just ran a test, for a 1000 X 1000 map, ran some clouds then set all of the sliders to 6. Check it, looks pretty good.
    Yeah It does, I ran a quick test this morning. Have to play with it some to get the settings to my liking but all the sliders at 6 is defintely a great place to start. Might be worth writing up a mini-tutorial with some examples; *hint hint nudge nudge*
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Though it's not very realistic (As Planet Rotation and Continental Shelf movement would prohibit such long rivers) I actually kinda like the long WORLD RIVERS (As I have dubbed them) if you let magic govern the world's geography just a little and use it well, I think it works.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Hi everybody !
    I've upgraded my map in changing the strange colors in the background. I hope you will prefer this one ^^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finale.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	12856  
    Last edited by Elvith Gent; 04-30-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234