Thread: [Region 1][Map 13][Town 02] Ascension

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip

Yeah, I haven't quite sold myself on the green, either. My initial idea was to try to make it look like the rivers I am used to, which are generally more brown than green, anyway. But if I made it brown, then it'd just look like more dirt. I'll probably go back to blue but keep the brown silt on the banks.

I did try to darken the water at the base of the cliff, but I don't think I did enough. I'll try that again tomorrow if I have time. There are a couple of other things I intend to tweak: shadows for the docks and boats, the castle walls, and the altar. Longer shadows for those 5-sided towers. Some farm fields and other vegetation.

While I was building the Mennin's Hallow map, it was suggested that I reverse the inset, so that the town take up the main map, and the inset have a regional mini-map. I think I'll try that out here.

Any thoughts on those hachure lines for the cliff? If they stay, they need to be cleaned up, but I'm still not sure if they're really showing what I want them to show.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ascension014.png 
Views:	151 
Size:	461.5 KB 
ID:	5465  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name