Quote Originally Posted by DanChops View Post
The island groups in the southeast seem to run along three straight lines. It looks a bit odd, since I expect islands groups to form more of an arch.

The map seems to be neatly divided into four quadrants. That introduces a slight level of artificiality to the map design that subtly jars with the natural looking coasts. It just looks a bit too symmetrical and planned. Moving the southern of the two north-eastern islands west-south-west a bit and introducing some arch to the southeastern archipeligos would go a long way toward making the land placement look a bit more natural to my eye.

All in all though, a great map. I really like the color you used for your ocean. What is it?

I agree with Dan. The islands in the lower right seem a bit to regular. My mind neatly forms a rectangle around the islands and it looks a bit "off".

I am ok with the rest of it though. I think the large island between the I & II quadrant breaks up the look enough in the top half of the map and the islands do the same in the lower half.

Looks like a very light violet type color with a turbulent bump map that was then blurred 2-3 px or so. Theres even another texture that makes it seem like he has more than one layer of bumpmaps involved, perhaps one with a small bit of plasma? But that could also be jpg compression artifacts also... not sure.