Thread: Original Campaign World (d20 compatible with Pathfinder rule set)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Here is an updated version of the world map. At the moment I have not made adjustments with the projection (still reading up on the :how-to's"). This is a combination of work done initially in Illustrator 7 and then finished up in Gimp 2.0. I've been playing with the many custom brushes available across the net. Eventually I'll get around to learning how to make my own. One thing I am trying to figure out is how to modify colors, yet keep the parchment texture (mostly for bodies of water)... If anyone can direct me to a good tutorial that be sweet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Word Beta Gimp Transfer.jpg 
Views:	769 
Size:	718.8 KB 
ID:	50563

Guild Novice

Greetings all!

Over the past few months I have been familiarizing myself with climateology, plate techtonics, global winds, and ocean current systems in order to revamp my maps into something more pleasing to myself as well as being a reasonably plausible world. The overall world size has shrunk to roughly 1.5x the size of Earth. The world map has been scratched untill I find time to go thru the projection process. Instead I have focused on two of the major continents as regional maps and a smaller regional map of the Ossiryion City States, in which my Pathfinder campaign will take place.

I will be posting a series of progression to bring you up to where I am currently. This will include some experimentations with different styles.

The Karthian Continent + The Northern Wastes

Name:	Eastern Daseryn Hemisphere.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	66390

The Ardenian Continent + The Norbien Continent

Name:	SouthWestern Hemispheres.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	599.7 KB 
ID:	66391