Thread: Mordarion Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected Master Rahl372's Avatar

I'm new here too andI recently posted my first map on here, but it's actually hand-drawn as well. I think you did a great job on it for a first time map. You mentioned naming the mountains, well you could still do so they don't need the names right in the center. If you happen to look at my posted map you can tell that I wrote the name of mountains parallel to the mountains.

As for labeling everything this is my method: Once I've drawn the whole landmass and rivers, I draw in borders then mountains if they are along a border. Then I label all major places like countries/geographical features. That way all important names are there, then I write in all other names. However, I will say that you need practice labeling a bit neater, because some of the names are sloppy, but that's a minor issue that if you take your time it'll look better. (My handwriting isn't much better but I use a certain style on my maps that makes it look a bit better).Developing a method for how you draw your maps is one of the best ways to do things because it's easier to avoid mistakes when you have everything planned out.
    But again, great job.

If you want an example just click on the link to my user name and you can find my posted thread.
    Last edited by Master Rahl372; 11-20-2012 at 08:25 PM.