• Magma Bridge - aegean

1 1.52%
  • Lost Vaults of L. Morrow - Vry

1 1.52%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: May Challenge Voting

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dormouse View Post
    For use, I would like to see an empty map, no movable (or likely to be moved) furniture or objects, no doors and no openable windows (fixed windows are fine included).
    And a full set of separate images of the doors, opening windows, furniture and objects intended for the map.
    And a map with all the images already present would demonstrate the intended design.
    This is how I wanted to present any VTT map I create, from all of the feedback on vtt's and what should be or shouldn't be on them, this was the best and most logical way I figured it should be done... is this how most people would prefer their vtt maps?

Quote Originally Posted by meleeguy View Post
    Could you explain or provide links to 'good' examples please? On my map there are a variety of doors and windows both horizontal and vertical - would I provide a stamp set along with furniture and carpet stamps? Are there alignment requirements? Can stamps be stacked? Alpha channels ok? etc.

Thanks! I'm interested in finishing this but I need to know more, especially the ones that apply to more than one specific VTT. Now I better think about projector needs.
    Hey MeleeGuy, have you ever taken a look at Maptool?
    Take a look here at a couple video I made that shows what Maptool can do. There is no sound though. Then after at least looking at the General Overview video, then you can learn how to use Maptool by going to the second link.

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?t=1714

http://www.rptoolstutorials.net/
    (click on the Maptool Tutorials link)

We also have a FAQ too if you are looking to do certain things:
    http://www.rptools.net/doku.php?id=maptool:faq

Come hang out at the rptools.net boards and feel free to ask questions - it is a friendly group there.

I still love that lighting effects video especially with the explosion going off. I can't wait for trevor to get the animated gifs working across the network.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Great maptool links and vids !! ... you've been REP'D Dorpond!!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well it appears we have winners!!!

1st Place - dorpond - Bluffs Encounter
    2nd Place - Torq - The North East Towers of Jocelyn Castle
    3rd Place - delgondahntelius - Mistfell Lighthouse

We will be making the arrangements with The Hound from rpgtonight.com to arrange for prize selection.

Congratulations guys!!!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I thank you Arcana and everyone else that makes the site a place that is: a supportive, creative outlet with such valuable information, and the members who share their skill and knowledge so freely. I honestly would never have had the push to make the maps I'm making now, I certainly wouldn't have any commisions to do maps. And these challenges (in my case) have been a intregal part of it. All this may sound a bit ?hokey? and maybe a little ostentatious, but its how I see this forum and these challenges.

Too much? lol

I was split between Dorpond and keithcurtis. I'm very surprised that Keith got so little loving. Just goes to show.

I think that I have figured something out about the challenges and voting. It appears that those who put up multiple WIP and share quite a bit during the challenge seem to get more votes. I may have to go back and look at past challenges to see how true that is...
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Professional Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Well it appears we have winners!!!

1st Place - dorpond - Bluffs Encounter
    2nd Place - Torq - The North East Towers of Jocelyn Castle
    3rd Place - delgondahntelius - Mistfell Lighthouse

We will be making the arrangements with The Hound from rpgtonight.com to arrange for prize selection.

Congratulations guys!!!
    I think the best thing to do would be for each of the winners to look at the prize list, make their selections, and email me at admin@rpgtonight.com using "prize selection" in the subject line. Be sure to include your name and shipping address for hardcopy items. Also please provide the name that you would like to credit your map to in our onsite collection (if it is different from your "handle" here). We can also provide email contact information for you alongside your map thumbnail if you want it. We will also note that your entry was a contest winner.

People here would probably be interested in hearing what prizes you select too.

Though the terms state that we have the right to use winning entries as part of our onsite collection, we were sufficiently impressed by all the maps that we would be honored to post any of them for our players to use. If people who didn't win want a little exposure of their artwork to gamers, we would be interested in putting your map into our collection too, but will require explicit permission from you (please email us using the above address).

Sorry, but we don't pay for onsite collection maps, since we seem to be able to obtain more free ones that we have time to put up.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And everyone PLEASE give a round of applause to The Hound and the kind folks over at RPGTonight for sponsoring this contest!!!
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast