Quote Originally Posted by kestrelgrey View Post
I really like this map; the only thing I'm wondering is if the black coastal lines should maybe be a dark blue? the other lines of the mountains and forests are darker colors of their respective colors (I admit, I just posted on your previous map that you did for a friend). The compass rose looks beautiful, especially now that it's a little easier to see/read. I really like how the shields on the title 'scroll' look like they're part of the map; they're clean and clear, without being too "vector".
Oh, I'm wondering if those boxes on the compass rose are supposed to be text? They look like the boxes that show up when a font doesn't have a symbol for a particular character. It actually looks interesting, but I'm not sure if they're there on purpose.

Looking good!
Well, the squares are there on the original image I used, so I'm not certain if they are meant to be like that. I would assume, given that it's an image, that if it were a font it would show up regardless of whether or not I had the pack. My basis for that being that I can see images perfectly fine using the Russian alphabet font, even though I don't have that particular language pack installed on my computer. So if they are a font that was not installed, it was done so by the person who created it.

As for the coastal lines, they actually are blue, but it's not an easy thing to spot (and not as noticeable because of the light blue water, even though it's not actually an exceptionally dark blue; the RGB for it being R:0 G:26 B:56), and if I look at it quickly it appears black but looking closer I can see the blue tint to it.

Thanks for the feedback.