Thread: The Atlas Of ArkEarth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Well as I said in my return thread I would be working on this project again. Here is some of my recent stuff:

I'd thought I'd try to make a digital copy of my Template, so that I could make a version of with nice proper text and such. like a modern map. Unfortunately that failed. miserably. I really need a good scanner and to learn how to use either The GiMP or InkScape. anyways this is a rough edition of the Political Overlay. You've already seen the Political Overlay for the Northern Half of the Map but I restarted on the overlays since I got tracing paper the same size as the Original Map. Using Digital Image Pro, I whited out the Water Areas and painted the Coastlines. afterwords I added the Political Borders and Text of the Nations.

MAP KEY:

*Pink Lines: International Borders
    *Pink Dots: Relative Maritime Borders
    *Pink Lines/Dots with Black Dots: Borders that are subject to either sudden change or are between warring Nations.
    *Blue Lines: Specialty Borders. Many times in a Fantasy World, people like Dwarves have their own nations in Mountain Ranges. On the northern Continent the Blue Lines represent the Dwarven Nations border between them and their "Parent" Nation. On ArkEarth, The Mountains are treated as territory of the "Parent" Nation even though they a completely self-sustaining Dwarven Underground Nation. A big reason behind this is that Dwarves don't have much use for whats on top of the mountains. The Blue Line on the Southern Continent is a border not between nations, but between two distinct racial and Super-Culture Groups.

Also I want to note some nations that you might not understand. On the map there are three sections of ocean that are completely enclosed by Pink Dots. These are Underwater Nations made up of Sapient Aquatic Species.

A Descriptive List of Nations is to come later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ArkEarthPoliticalWNames.JPG 
Views:	126 
Size:	609.6 KB 
ID:	8317  
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)