Hi, Hai-Etlik. Many thanks for the detailed feedback. I do understand your concerns, and will try to respond to them.

You're right that the current map doesn't show the real shape of the continent. I had a software program on my old computer (can't remember the name of it now) which could convert this sort of map into various projections. The continent is, as you say, a lot slimmer at the top:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	google-ewlah.png 
Views:	430 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	50327

I try to explain the mountains by claiming that Ewlah is a relatively new continent formed from a number of colliding microcontinents and island arc chains -- sometimes I almost believe this fiction myself, though the truth is that I first drew the map almost 4 decades ago, complete with very unrealistic orogeny. It does lead to some head-scratching mountain formations, but I kinda like them ...

The prime meridian shown in this map runs through an observatory on top of a mountain in Pesan Aframig, and also (by chance) passes through the middle of a town in the Land of Raman, not too distant from the second largest city on the continent. Previously I had the meridian running through the southern-most tip of the largest continent, which had the unfortunate effect of putting the dateline through the middle of Ewlah, so I count this as an improvement. I take your point about the heaviness of the lines on the map - easily changed as they're on their own layer.