Thread: Risk-like online game with custom maps

Default Risk-like online game with custom maps

Hi guys!

First of all I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum section - I tried to find the one that best suited what I'm trying to show you guys, and I think this section is the one.

I've bumped into this community while looking for high resolution fantasy maps (with creative commons license or where I could find the author to ask for permission) and I've found some pretty awesome work here. The thing is: a Risk-like online game I'm addicted to recently released a feature to allow you to play on any map you want, and therefore I started looking for awesome map art to work with.

I've found this huge map of the A Song of Ice and Fire series, by Ser Mountain Goat (link here), asked for his permission and started working on an ASOIAF map for the game. But I'm digressing, I'm here to talk about the game and try to woo you guys wonderful talents to our side (the game is free and I'm not gaining anything out of this).

Basically, atWar AKA AfterWind (the game is going through a rebranding to appeal to a broader public) is a multiplayer strategy game, playable entirely in your browser. In the best traditions of Risk and Civilization, you fight against other players for world domination on a real world map or, as of right now, create your own map.

Game Features

• It has a real world map with real countries and cities, if you don't want to mess with custom maps;
    • Free unit movement, with no grids or predetermined paths as other games have;
    • Up to 20 players in a single game, playing their turns simultaneously;
    • One-click registration with Facebook Connect or one click Guest Game (here);

Screenshots

Trailer

If you guys want more information feel free to reply to this thread, I'll do my best to keep up with it. Or, if you decide to join and need help understanding the game concepts, I'm Pulse in there.

Again, I hope I'm not disturbing the flow of the forum. I'm only posting this because I thought that maybe you guys could be interested in the custom maps feature ( :

See you all.
    Pulse.

Guild Novice

Sounds interesting to me. Now if I can only find the time....