Thread: Looking for Help, Looking for a Collaborator

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Alright, here's the next pass on the map. Not all geographic features are in place - some forests and jungles left to put in, and I want to clean up the rivers. Also a few islands to place around Jala-Quey, and I'm still working on the glow effect around the text - I want the text to be visible and easily legible, but I don't want to overwhelm the map itself. The rivers between the lakes are also somewhat of a first pass, here. Technospiritualist likens these lakes to the Great Lakes of North America, so I'm going to look at maps of those lakes and maybe workout how to connect the lakes better (or rather, in a more "realistic" way).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Technospiritualist_map01.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	50726

Feedback is always welcome, even if it doesn't make it onto this map ^.^
    Portfolio & Project Blog: 99 Colored Umbrellas
    World Building Project: Worlds of Sand

Krestrelgrey,

Looks good. If I were to offer some feedback, I'd recommend blurring or somehow removing the "pixel" look of the coastline. That was the first thing I noticed. Of course, its a work in progress so you were probably planning on doing that anyways. I really like the old feel to it. What are you using to make it? I'm a GIMP man myself...

Also, maybe a light brown glow instead of white for the lettering... (Just a suggestion)