Hey guys, well.. for my b-day, my wife actually bought me a wacom bamboo (small 5x7 tablet)... and I love it! I've been playing around with it for awhile, but my main reason for wanting one was to be able to create maps quickly for use in maptools, and being able to make objects and such quite quickly...

Farmhouse

Heres my first attempt at a map, for my first campaign in maptool, beginning next week.

it is a farmhouse on a farm, built so that i can import each building separately into a maptool map. (if I'm correct this should make it a bit less resource intensive).

many of the items in the house may be exported individually, and put in maptool as objects, so they may be manipulated... besides this farmhouse there will be a barn, which I've yet to complete.

The story (or as much as I'll divulge at the moment) is that a fledgling knight, gets word that his parents are being harassed by bandits, and upon returning find his home being ransacked. After defeating and chasing off the bandits, he will come across their leader, who has just mortally wounded both of his parents... like every good story, the bandit leader will escape to live another day, leaving the hero to vow revenge.

not only am i looking for c&c, i DEMAND it! I'm always looking for new ideas and ways to improve.

as it is, this was a good experiment, simply because i built this map fairly quickly (in about 2 hrs of cumulative work) and that to me is paramount.. being able to build a significantly illustrated map quickly with a uniform look and feel. As i go i hope to build a collection of map objects as well, to further hasten my map making.)