Thread: Are my mountain ranges and plateus any good?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

I do not see anything wrong with them. When it comes to rivers, remember that they flow from high ground to low ground, and USUALLY do not split on the way there. they JOIN with others to make the larger rivers. Lakes might have many feeders, but only ONE exit flow. My one suggestion about your land shape, would be remove that land bridge at the northern tip of your largest lake. This would allow for some interesting sea lanes much akin to the Straits of Gibraltar. Anyhoot, follow those river pointers and you should be fine.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Quote Originally Posted by Korash View Post
    I do not see anything wrong with them. When it comes to rivers, remember that they flow from high ground to low ground, and USUALLY do not split on the way there. they JOIN with others to make the larger rivers. Lakes might have many feeders, but only ONE exit flow. My one suggestion about your land shape, would be remove that land bridge at the northern tip of your largest lake. This would allow for some interesting sea lanes much akin to the Straits of Gibraltar. Anyhoot, follow those river pointers and you should be fine.
    Thanks

Ah, but on the gibraltar part the land bridge up there is kinda in Alaskan temperature, does that affect the shipping? I originally wanted that to be a giant freshwater lake too but now that I think about it I'm not so sure...

Also I have some rivers here, do they work? (sorry for the clutter) http://universesandbox.com/forum/ind...0;attach=19969