Thread: New to the Area

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected

This convo made me end up retrying a building in CC3 and after more effort I think I got it down a bit better myself I am going to upload my latest stab at it to my gallery

For what it's worth, I checked out the gallery, and the island came out quite well. I'm not sure what you are talking about in regards to having trouble with the corner joints? That building looked great, though...

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

oh if you look at the top left corner of each that's where the line joins and the overlap causes it to look like lego. there's a way to manually break and join the lines but I have to re research that part.

Building the map using the wall's alone and not the rooms function is what made the difference for me waaaay nicer result in CC3 for me with building level stuff now

When using the room function you don't get those weird artefacts in the drawing but having rooms share inner walls does not work which is how most of my designs go.

I use a lot of my maps on my campaign websites so I like them to look as good as possible lol

Dargoth RPG World | Wix.com

RavensBluff | Wix.com

Ok, I see what you're talking about now, although it wasn't noticeable to me before you pointed it out. I just did a quick one on mine, and I see exactly what you mean... What I did to fix it is just lay another section of wall on top of that corner only, and it covered the overlap like it was never there. If there's another way to do it, though, I'd love to hear it... I'm hoping to have some time either tomorrow or this weekend to really take them out for a spin!