View Poll Results: Vote for as many as you wish

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: *** VOTING November / December 2012 Lite Challenge - Built on a word ***

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vafildra and Octonia were the two that I liked best, hence got my votes. Each did a good job of incorporating the chosen word as an inherent characteristic. Waldronate, you proved you can take a featureless octagon and weather it til it winds up an appealing bit of terrain - nicely done. And I sure hope we see some more of your work dasneviano - the city is delightful, and given that it is so linear, a simple side view makes as much sense for a map as a plan view would.

I apologise for not whipping Okktor into even a semicomplete representation of eight-ness. It's an appealing enough project to force me to learn Inkscape that I'll start a WIP thread and continue it irregardless. The only further detail I've put on my master file is a road network, but I can't get it to output. I have a distressing tendency to start a map too small and I'm disappointed with the final level of detail. One can always crop or shrink, but blowing up is useless. So I went a little overboard on size, and my laptop is croaking. I ThOuGhT since it's vector, surely a big file and a little one would be a similar size of output, if the features were the same, right? I guess not, and now I can't tame my 40,000 x 30,000 pixel monster, even to permanently reduce the size, let alone to gen a .png. I'll stick the .svg on a machine with more RAM and see how that works out; then expect a thread in the City Map forum.

I'm not such a huge fan of the vote for multiple maps system (if I had my choice, I would suggest a ranked or instant run off system as is done throughout much of Europe.) So, I only voted for my absolute favorite (City of Vafildra) and repped the others that I really liked.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by anomiecoalition View Post
    I'm not such a huge fan of the vote for multiple maps system (if I had my choice, I would suggest a ranked or instant run off system as is done throughout much of Europe.) So, I only voted for my absolute favorite (City of Vafildra) and repped the others that I really liked.
    My preference would be for a ranked vote as well.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh