Thread: My RPG Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Yes, those rivers are much better behaved now. As for other advice - I assume Autorealms only gives one mountain symbol, one hill symbol, and so forth? The overall style is supposed to be hand- drawn, but the repeated symbols sit there whispering "but I'm really generated!" If you don't get a choice then just shrug and move on - it still gives you pretty good looking output .

If you're dissatisfied with the way the trees work now, take a look at Ramah's TreeThing.

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    Yes, those rivers are much better behaved now. As for other advice - I assume Autorealms only gives one mountain symbol, one hill symbol, and so forth? The overall style is supposed to be hand- drawn, but the repeated symbols sit there whispering "but I'm really generated!" If you don't get a choice then just shrug and move on - it still gives you pretty good looking output .

If you're dissatisfied with the way the trees work now, take a look at Ramah's TreeThing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrum View Post
    Nice work! I don't know anything about the Autorealm program you're talking about, so I don't know what abilities and limitations it may possess, but my primary suggestion would be to maybe add a pixel or two of thickness to your land boundaries. Just my personal preference, but the single pixel line makes it look kind of wispy and spidery.

Also, I notice that you seem to have removed the forests entirely. If this is just due to it being a WIP, ignore this comment, but try bringing some forests back. I love big forested regions on a map. They have a sense of mystery to them.
    Thanks for the input. I've added the forests back and also noticed that same thing about the mountains. There are actually four to use, so I'm going back and changing them up a bit. I do have a problem,though. My map is flat out too big for Autorealm. The number of objects are making it really lag, and, the size is so large, I can't properly save at a resolution I like, so, I'm using MS Paint, and so far, it's working pretty well; my only complaint is that I can't draw a fractal line with it. I have a lot of the Gimp tutorials, but with classes having started back, my brain is mush already after the first week.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RPG 1.png 
Views:	516 
Size:	974.2 KB 
ID:	51130