Thread: Found a great reference book called Compact Castles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hey Larb I've been looking at the sample some myself. I think you can do searches on the particular castle you might like as a guide and find the plans online for free. In addition there will be tons of photos available from online searches which I find very useful reference

Quote Originally Posted by Vellum View Post
    Hey Larb I've been looking at the sample some myself. I think you can do searches on the particular castle you might like as a guide and find the plans online for free. In addition there will be tons of photos available from online searches which I find very useful reference
    While probably true, a good set of plans (high resolution, measured, more than one floor) will probably take between 20 and 100 hours of searching ... I prefer to spend the $8 and use the extra 19 to 99 hours to draw my own castle.

Seriously, the text has a LOT of useful information that will keep your castle from becoming a 20th century townhouse with really thick walls.

Quote Originally Posted by atpollard View Post
    While probably true, a good set of plans (high resolution, measured, more than one floor) will probably take between 20 and 100 hours of searching ... I prefer to spend the $8 and use the extra 19 to 99 hours to draw my own castle.

Seriously, the text has a LOT of useful information that will keep your castle from becoming a 20th century townhouse with really thick walls.
    No doubt the money is time well spent, was just another option for the financially challenged Actually online searching was more for the photographs available to supplement the info.