Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
A few VTTs out there have the ability to be used a mapping tool as well as a virtual game table. I'm curious about:

1. Which VTT do you use?
  2. Does it have the ability to allow you to map in it?
  3. Do you use that ability?
  4. How quickly can you produce an encounter map with it?
  5. How is the quality of the map?
  6. How usable was the map?
  7. Post an example?
  8. How long did it take?
  9. Do you prefer this method versus creating the map in an external application?
  10. Any additional comments you would like to add?
  1. Fantasy Grounds
  2. Yes, but that *ability* really sucks in my books. Sorry FG.
  3. If I had to, really really fast. Think about as fast as drawing on a Chessex battlemap. Only problem is I ONLY have a fine fine pen.
  4. With a small pen like that, even with a tablet, it sucks.
  5. Very usable, once I explained what the map represents. Like on a chessex battlemap. Oh, why can't FG have layer styles, drop shadows etc. LOL
  6. I would post an example, but what's the point. You get the picture. I don't want something like that linked to me. I am a professional after all.
  7. Map was done in seconds. Like I drew it on a battlemap
  8. Hell no. I prefer making maps in Photoshop. End of story. Maybe even illustrator if I am feeling razzy. In FG? Only when I need something on the fly.
  9. FG is not a mapping tool. I am cool with that. I wish that there was a way to make the "marker" bigger though, and change the color. That way, it would be more versatile. Nothing says scary like having a nicely rendered map of the lake of the four moons, then have something like a random encounter come up... and you need to place some stuff on a blank page. Then you have to scribble to show the bushes and stuff. But you are scribbling with a 0.01 pen. That does not even bleed for heck's sake. Ah forget it. I will just draw an "X" here. That is a tree, K? This wavy line over here is the river. Yes, it is really thin, but I only got this really really fine pen, so back of mister!

I am not knockin FG, I LOVE the program. I just wish I had a bit better drawing tools is all.

Sandeman