Thread: Map of a single hemisphere

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Map of a single hemisphere

Hi, I'm new to these forums and looking for some constructive criticism for my work. Right now I'm still ironing out the landmass shapes before I start working on mountains, lakes, rivers, regions, climates, etc, and it would be nice if I could get some feedback before I move on to the next few steps.

I'm still not really sold on the layout - I want it to be reminiscent of earth, but only subtly. I don't want the similarities to be immediately obvious (at least, not so obvious that it comes as a turn-off to those looking at the map), but I'm loath to make any more major changes to the upper continents. The southernmost continent is what I'm currently considering changing, but I'm open to suggestions for other areas as well.

The tools I'm using to make this map are Photoshop, a mouse, and google (for reference maps). I also have a trial version of Fractal Terrains that I'm going to have available for another week or so, that I'm going to use to generate generic shapes for lakes (just as a creativity aid). After it expires I'll hunt around for some free fractal generators for the same purpose.
    Last edited by Seiun; 06-03-2008 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Adding detail about tools used