Thread: A search for brushes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Managed to find RPGmaker's stuff via searching through his youtube posts, so that's giving me a basis to work with and combine with my original working ideas. I wish I'd thought of his brushes for high and lowlands using the grunge brushes, those should make a rather handy set for deserts. I've modified some of his brushes, and some of my own, which had some similarities (trees and snow, but he uses far less blur for his trees) and found his bevel for rivers to be a key idea, as well as it's layer placement as the combination does a good job of separating it out without it looking garish. So hopefully only a few more tweaks to my brush set, and I should be ready to continue on in full. Using the outline of the previous map I've started this one back up, in my re-work. Using the new methods I need to find a method for a coastline next, while I work on the rest, even if it meant I had to start over, but hopefully this will go over quite well with the D&D group.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Initial work.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	51003

Not much, but it's a fair start. The south western portion I was experimenting with water and foliage color for creating swamp-land again.
    Last edited by mr_rathburn; 01-05-2013 at 12:22 AM.