Thread: Elyden: the Hinterlands of the East W.I.P

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzkreuz View Post
    I enjoy your comeback to mapping. Is your world source material/ enzyclopedia somewhere to read?
    Thanks regarding the encyclopedia, it's currently not in a format that's 'fitting' for other people to read (typos, lots of seemingly pointless notes and bullet points with some regions detailed over dozens of pages and others existing as little more than a name). Though I've taken 2 relatively well-developed pages and polished them up to a standard similar to what I'd like the finished thing to be like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	1592 
Size:	4.13 MB 
ID:	51041

that JPG is a two-A4-page spread, to give an idea of what i have at the moment. The full encyclopaedia (as it stands now) is 466-pages long (in that format), and is divided in two: with the first 237-pages in an alphabetical format similar to that above, and the rest divided into sections (like mythologies, regional histories, flora/fauna, languages, timelines, etc.). There are no pictures or maps included in it so far though eventually I want to add detailed regional maps as well as some small sketches similar to those in books like the Encyclopedia Britannica etc. I expect the full thing to grow to over 1,000-pages when (if) I ever finish it. Id love to print it out one day with an accompanying atlas (possibly in 3 volumes: the encyclopaedia, the appendices, and the atlas).

I originally wanted to develop a wiki (mostly for my own use) though got discouraged by the mount of hyperlinking involved (as it's a living document, I'm constantly revising and editing and removing parts so if I ever go down the wiki-route it'll have to be after i finish it.

I do also have a blog of sorts HERE where I sometimes post stories and snippets as well as things to do with cartography, though there isnt really that much at the moment.
    Last edited by vorropohaiah; 01-06-2013 at 09:23 AM.