Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Still searching!

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gategod View Post
    Still searching!
    How large shall the map be?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    That's where my inability to know such things comes in. Even as I look at the current outline of the map I have, I think some parts of it can be cut or shrunk, it would depend on the artist's view of what I have so far.

-Stalks your deviant art page-

This has to be the greatest map ever created by anyone, ever: Points of light by ~Sapiento on deviantART I wish my map could be this size, but it's clearly double the size north/south in my random sketches. Except my map wouldn't need all the round images of creatures/explanations of places.

9 major cities/castles. A few port cities. A desert stronghold. 2 pyramids. A Volcano. Tons of forests/mountains. // Then the question is: is that enough, or should I also add a dozen small keeps along the way that I have planned out and named.

This volcano, pyramids, and Sukram building would be perfect for the volcano I have up north and the desert keep I have in Bay Map by ~Sapiento on deviantART

This is the last fitzing around I did in my photoshop trial: http://i46.tinypic.com/11bsnmh.png

I think the RIGHT side of the map could use some trimming away, the middle-top right.

All the fortifications I placed are ridiculous. I am trying to come up with a happy-medium somewhere where the viewer can know/see more places/towns/keeps exist without cluttering the map.

Any ideas? Is the map I've plotted out to large for one image. Maybe I need two? One north one south? Maybe this map can be cut to bits and still feel like it has a large scope?

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    I posted a reply this morning. I think I included too many links and it is now in moderation. It should appear sometime today =)

Thanks for replying! Your maps are incredible! I included some examples from them that I found breathtaking, that may be the holdup with the post. Didn't want to think I was not reading this topic, I am!
    Last edited by gategod; 01-11-2013 at 06:02 PM.