Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
How large shall the map be?
That's where my inability to know such things comes in. Even as I look at the current outline of the map I have, I think some parts of it can be cut or shrunk, it would depend on the artist's view of what I have so far.

-Stalks your deviant art page-

This has to be the greatest map ever created by anyone, ever: Points of light by ~Sapiento on deviantART I wish my map could be this size, but it's clearly double the size north/south in my random sketches. Except my map wouldn't need all the round images of creatures/explanations of places.

9 major cities/castles. A few port cities. A desert stronghold. 2 pyramids. A Volcano. Tons of forests/mountains. // Then the question is: is that enough, or should I also add a dozen small keeps along the way that I have planned out and named.

This volcano, pyramids, and Sukram building would be perfect for the volcano I have up north and the desert keep I have in Bay Map by ~Sapiento on deviantART

This is the last fitzing around I did in my photoshop trial: http://i46.tinypic.com/11bsnmh.png

I think the RIGHT side of the map could use some trimming away, the middle-top right.

All the fortifications I placed are ridiculous. I am trying to come up with a happy-medium somewhere where the viewer can know/see more places/towns/keeps exist without cluttering the map.

Any ideas? Is the map I've plotted out to large for one image. Maybe I need two? One north one south? Maybe this map can be cut to bits and still feel like it has a large scope?