Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Old Empire of Lorn - Fantasy world map

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Thanks much Urxed. To rep someone you can find a star icon under his avatar pic, just near the "blog this post" text (I think you need to have at least 30 posts to be able to rep though)

A few advances : I tested out labels while making a break with terrains. Cities icons will maybe have a color touch, didn't make my mind about it yet. Also worked on some strongholds and main empire city brushes.
    Last edited by - Max -; 07-19-2014 at 08:29 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I give this a heartfelt thumbs up. Excellent, amazing, beautiful brushes, great color and aging techniques, nice choice of font. Just fantastic all the way around. The only small critique I have is that it's a bit difficult to read the text on a couple of the forests.

Thanks much Diamond! I'll work later on definitve labels so I guess I'll take a look at those texts on the forests. Thanks for the comment (back to that freaking building of north eastern forest )

Finally done with North eastern lands... This map is just killing me! Time to go to bed...
    Last edited by - Max -; 07-19-2014 at 08:30 AM.

The graphics is stunningly great.

But I think the river in the northeast isn't working.
    It flows very close to a mountainless coastline and then, instead of flowing right
    into the sea, it flows uphill to the top of that first of vertical walls.

Thanks Freehand. That's right about that river. I fixed it. I worked on borders and started another area. i'll post update later. Here is a new little brush set I made.
    Last edited by - Max -; 07-19-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Last progress : I worked on the border, filled up the top left frame, make some advances in Eastern area and updated the WIP name labels...So bad that I had to lower image quality to be able to upload it Well I'm tired so I guess I'm done for today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lorn11.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	3.58 MB 
ID:	51217

Edit: Just noticed thre's two trees outside the border
    Last edited by - Max -; 01-13-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Max, this map is looking awesome. The image of Danakyl in the corner looks absolutely authentic, as does the compass rose. Are they your own drawings? In my opinion, this is already worthy of being selected as a cartographers choice (unfortunately for you, though, I don't make that choice ). Keep up the good work.

EDIT: I just noticed Senerin in the north. The upper bridge to reach the island emerges right at the mouth of the river. That's probably going to cause a real engineering nightmare for the builders. Somewhere with slower flowing waters might be more plausible, but then both of those bridges are engineering feats anyway, so it might not be necessary.

HW

(BTW: the non-overlapping trees don't bother me much anymore, but I prefer the much denser forests of the north)
    Last edited by Wingshaw; 01-13-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks much HW! The compass and the Danakil's image are not personnal drawings, I wish I could draw like that! Compass is some old engraving stuff and the town representing Danakil is actually a 17th century engraving of a french town By the xway you're right about that bridge, I think the upper Bridge upper Senerin isn't necessary and I will erase it. As for trees I'll do others forests like I did for northern and eastern ones. If I'll have time (and motication cause it takes hours to do) I'll maybe redo the western one, I'm not sure yet. Oh and you can still rate the map don't you?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast