I feel compelled to speak at greater length, about this map.

I was trying to figure out what it was, exactly, that I found so disconcerting about this map. When I zoom out, and most of the text just fades and blends into the map's terrain, the map is far more beautiful than when I zoom in. It really is.

Zooming in, the artwork, itself, certainly isn't majestic. But, the disconcerting part is due, I think, to the obliteration of a singular, common frame of reference, visually speaking. The obliteration transpires from the sheer number of different visual angles that spring forth from this map. It's not like looking at a typical map.

It's a work of art, and a work of imagination. I give the nod to the imagination, over the art.

Zooming out, though, and I am drawn to those ranges of mountains in the northeast quadrant - Defiren Range, Ayzer Muntains, and Payser Range. Fairly lovely maidens, from far above.

Each name has a story to it, but I am ignorant of this world's tale. Long and winding is its history. Verily, this is as truth! But, how does one appreciate the diamond that has not yet been seen?

The Great Face of Ighledam - Have you been there?

This map was initiated on September 27th, 2011, and it lay finished (::snicker:: as if any map is ever really finished) on May 15th, 2012. And here I thought that it was many years in the making. That's a wee bit of a disappointment, to be certain. Thirty lashes, I say! Thirty lashes, and not a lash more.

The Gansma Mountains, the naval fortress at Baytower, and the Gate of Gazal. Then, too, Jaiker Crags, Fogwatch Towers, and Ruins of Ut-gren. Have you been to the Gozine Fisheries, as I have?

Lots of spice in this one.

I want to know why this one was drawn, though.

Does this devil have a tongue?