Thread: [Region 1][Map 01] Ash coast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
    As for the forests, try the technique Danchops did for his forests using plasma.
    I'm not sure the plasma technique is a good idea here, since the mountains are shaded, and the forests run up their sides. Plasma would give a color variation that's too random and disrupt the elevation illusion.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Tx guys,

About the river I was going to pu some more shadow where is needed, once I finish with the forest.

I think for now I'll leave the forest like that for now (until I get a good idea or time to spare) and I will now focus on the towns and story of this map.

Sea-U-Hall,
    Alu.
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

So it could be use here : www.l-hazard.com

Map

here is the finish version of the land unless some off you get good advice.

next will come the story and the naming process.

Alu.

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ash coast2.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	3.63 MB 
ID:	4922  
    Last edited by alucard339; 07-06-2008 at 10:25 AM. Reason: I've updated the map
    Let my fangs find your neck, during the night, so that I can drink your knowledge ...

I've just finish naming the human towns of the map.

Tell me what you think of it.

Thanks,
    Alu.
    Last edited by alucard339; 07-06-2008 at 10:19 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Some of the names are great (and I love the map), some I'm not so fond of, but hey it's your map.

One thing I've tried to do when naming towns, etc. is to consider the people of the area and their heritage and what kind of language they might speak. If its say a "viking-like" background, maybe you try to lean a bit toward scandanavian-ish sounding names. If its more middle-eastern perhaps you loosely base it on arabic names.

Just some ideas.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    One thing I've tried to do when naming towns, etc. is to consider the people of the area and their heritage and what kind of language they might speak. If its say a "viking-like" background, maybe you try to lean a bit toward scandanavian-ish sounding names. If its more middle-eastern perhaps you loosely base it on arabic names.
    Ur right about the heritage background. Right now I'm trying to put upt he story for the map soIt may help you guys tell me which names to change or upgrade to put on the map.

For now just think about this:

In the beginning, the human nation of ROAM where living in MOAB but htey had to flee once the plague started. Now MOAB is a undead region.

Wip

Here is an unfinish part of my country story.

Hope you enjoy the treat,
    Alu.
    Last edited by alucard339; 07-06-2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: I've removed the old story.