Here I wrote such a lovely reply to this comment and it vanishes without a trace when I post it. A shame I tell you!

Even so, here I go again:

Do not fear my dear GrimFinger, it is in no way, shape or form finished! It is as much WIP as I am new to this forum!
I chose to not include any color in this map for one reason. I am not that skilled at this craft. I am afraid of color as of right now and would rather make a new one after this with color, if I dare. This map is easy to do for me and so I will start with this style.

The mountains was put there because, in our world, the gods rose mountains around this land to protect it. I have been playing with that in this version of the map.
I am well aware of the forest-problem. I have not found a good solution for this as of yet, however I keep searching for the right brush that will do this map justice. Perhaps some of you know of any brushes that would work?(Or perhaps a technique?)
The names of the cities, keeps and castles are also WIP, many of them are just there for the time being.

This is my very first attempt of cartography and I am aware that I am making mistakes. I wish, naturally, to learn and higher my skill in this craft. That you tear my map to pieces with criticism is what I expected and I am thankful that you took the time to voice your opinion good Sir. It means a lot to me.

I wish to give this map and our Fantasy the magic I think it deserves. To that end I say.

Updates shall surely be posted in this thread.