(I replied to your comment before, but apparently my reply was eaten...)

Quote Originally Posted by Freehand 5.5 View Post
The setting is nice. You're doing a great job there.
Thank you! My players liked it too -- I guess those three months planning were well spent.

Headlines could be more readable. Perhaps you can rearrange the ornament to the sides of it instead of layouting it below the typo.
In the timeline you could add a legend of what had happened between -500 and -200 (what caused the builders to disappear from history).
That would give some clue in what condition the ruins are (destroyed or damaged by siege, ruined only by time etc.).
I'm not known for my design sense, so the layout and design of the PDF could indeed be better. At this time, I'm not focussing on that, however.
The thing with the fortress builders is that no-one was around to see what happened. The fortresses are there to provide me with an escape clause when I want to run a simple dungeon crawl! I have an idea of what happened, but I'm not sure it'll ever be a factor in the game.

The map is okay. graphics could be better.
As I wrote above: I'm not known for my design sense.

[river police alarm] The rivers could be more curved when they flow down the plains.
The lable size is absolutely okay, but the river lables could be set closer to the rivers.
The downright river lable should be curved, too, like the others.[/river police alarm].
Thank you for this excellent advice. I have made the rivers a bit curvier in the plains, and re-labeled them.

More forests would be nice.
The mountain valleys could be a bit more narrow at the end (like in the left one).
I've added a forest between the Camrun delta and Ervos, and I've added a few hills. And with a bit of fudging I've narrowed the valleys towards the top -- they now look much better.

Thank you for your comments! I'll update the top post with the new map.