Thread: First map: Streamdales Province

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip First map: Streamdales Province

This is the first map I made with CC3, by simply tracing the steps of the video tutorials on the Profantasy site.
    The Streamdales is a province of the Erebur Imperium, and the setting for my RPG campaign. My motivation to map it all out is to provide the players with an immersive campaign that feels 'alive'. The needs of the campaign drive the map, so I'm not too concerned with whether my map is geologically plausible: moderate amounts of handwaving are acceptable!
    As I wrote, it's my first map with CC3, and I'm still learning. If you have any tips on how to make the map look better, please let me know! I'm specifically not very impressed with the 'harshness' of the roads and the rivers, and I think the map labels could do with some sort of effect to make them stand out more. However, I couldn't get those fixed with the little amount of fudging I could muster.

If you're interested in playing around with the map file, you can download it here. And if you have the stomach to read my campaign setting, the 24-page PDF can be found here.

EDIT: This is now the second version of the map, after comments from Larb and Freehand 5.5.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Streamdales Map v2.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	217.8 KB 
ID:	51267
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Streamdales Map.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	207.2 KB 
ID:	51243  
    Last edited by Fub; 01-15-2013 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Updated map image