Thread: Yuriaah - Global map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	780 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	51641

I still don't seem to be able to upload pictures normally on my computer so this is done from my iPhone, unfortunatly the transparent bg was lost but at least I could upload a picture.
    I have changed a lit on the map this time, the parchment for one and also added some colour to the continents and I have started to place down cities an land marks as well. I hope they sre visible on this resolution, also woods, mountains and hills are placed, btw Jinelu Tieru is supposed to be a desert.
    Last edited by Elflady; 01-27-2013 at 07:59 PM.

Blog Entries

It looks quite nice, but doesn't make sense as a "global" map. It doesn't show any distortion, and any global projection is going to have some sort of obvious distortion. The scale is WAY to large for a planet, this is more like the size of a large asteroid like Ceres (not that global maps can preserve linear scale but if they could, a planet would be much larger and need a much smaller scale to fit)

The graticule doesn't really fit. It looks out of place compared to the rest of the map, and graticules based on linear coordinates are rare except in certain specialized maps at large scales. They don't work on a globe if you look at anything but a small extent with a large scale