Thread: January 2013 Entry: The ruins of Ningan/orc worg-lord village

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LOL. I was trying to save server space. That one's about 75% of resolution. Here's one at 100%. There's really not all that much detail to see...and it looks better zoomed out than in
    M

Edit: To do list includes adding rubble and cleaning up ruin edges, some are a bit soft because of my crummy masking. Also, adding some details like pens for the wolves (dire), gardens, and so on in the orc village. I'm also thinking about running the path along the walls to that ruined bridge up north and putting in a rough wooden bridge...seems there should be some way to cross the river. I might add some debris in the river near the ruined wall crossings and bridge pilings, as one would expect some logs or something to have collected. Need to do something with the river as well. It's a bit too uniform. I'll also try to improve the trees...not liking what I've got there right now. Any other suggestions?

For those who are interested, I used RPG Citymap Generator to create a "Small town with incomplete wall around city center" and an "African village (fortified) with circular huts". I did some editing of those maps by hand and then used the generated shapes as a base for my map layers. I really find that program to be pretty useful for mapmaking...even though it sometimes generates dreadful results (especially for roads) you can usually clean them up pretty quickly into something useable.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	village.jpg 
Views:	1769 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	51384  
    Last edited by mearrin69; 01-20-2013 at 12:54 AM.