Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
Max, about the colors and the mountains : the idea was indeed to get something chaotic and harsh. This world is completely alien and unstable : moving deserts of colored sands, strange forests, hard rocky mountains, etc.
= Understandable though
About the coastlines and the sea texture... it's probably due to my lack of skills. I tend to use always the same techniques, even if I try new ones on this map. I liked the sea texture though. I must precise that I have reduced the map (and its quality) because the file was too big for being uploaded...
Maybe you could give me some advices or leads?
For the coastlines if you added some blurr, remove it on original layer if you kept it. If not, try to improve neatness with a filter. Indeed, the sea texture looks nice that's why it's kind of shame it looks pixellated and blurry. You probably use a pic that you increased size to fit the map and so it lost resolution a lot. What is the original map's size and dpi and what's on the uploaded one?

And yes, you're right for the last point. I didn't really get it, but it's quite clear now. I'm gonna see what I can do about it.
Answers in the quote...