Thread: ViewingDale & Fentor Cross Church High Res + CWBP demo (and even more)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

This next movie is showing the main church interior which was the challenge entry. The thing that has been talked about a lot is modifying stuff that is movable. So in this movie I can open the doors, move the books and cloak and the characters (or monsters) on the map.

Next I show the lighting. As the priest moves into the light then he gets the rays from the church window cast over him (still in 2D tho... dont get too excited )

Its very easy to add shadows in the app but its not easy to add light sources at this stage. We have talked for a long time (at least a year) about adding lighting to the program. Its hard but not that hard to do it. Recently tho what with this church and other cave systems etc I think I need to do it. I would have liked torch light casting over the stuff. Also peoples graphics cards have more power than ever and it will need some extra work from them which I think is possible now.

Move #3;
    http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/Temp/CG/VD_Demo2/Movie3.avi
    (12Mb)

And now that you can guess the URL pattern, I had better post the text for the rest
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-06-2008 at 01:36 PM.