Thanks for the suggestions...I incorporated many of them into this minor update. I blurred the pages a bit to decrease the roughness, and messed around with the shadow of the pages. I think doing both definitely helped. I still need to work on the book binding and try to add some more depth to the pages themselves (but I figure i'll save that for a little later in the process...particularly since I have no idea how I'm going to do that.)

Your absolutely right about the font...I wanted something that looked hand written and displayed some intelligence (given that this character can obviously write and draw), but he is from a tough part of the world...so I've got a couple fonts on there that I think mix the best of both worlds and just got to settle on one.

Finally, I watched a bit of that youtube video (particularly the part about creating water) and tried to get something like that going here. I think it improves the map a bit, but I probably still need to fade it out better and play around with the land mass generally (particularly for the land in the bottom right). Really, I'm not sure how to fade out the borders of the maps...

So any ideas, thoughts, criticisms, suggestions, etc. are welcome

### LATEST WIP ###
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Myrr Project_v2.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.68 MB 
ID:	51346