Thread: Jan/Feb 2013 Lite Challenge Entry - "Oivalf's Odyssey"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks guys....fixed the typo and added one more city name. I'm glad to get some validation for the minimalist map approach...I really did intend to add more detail to them in the beginning, but as it developed things started to get too cluttered. Plus, it sort of fits with the narrative that Oivalf is only loosely familiar with this new land.

### Winner ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oivalfs Journey.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	52145
    Last edited by ChickPea; 09-04-2018 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Added Winner tag
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by anomiecoalition View Post
    I'm glad to get some validation for the minimalist map approach...
    Really? I don't know if it's considered proper to discuss the voting before it happens, but I had been considering you the front-runner. Your map is excellently executed, clear, appealing, and fulfills the requirements of the challenge in a unique & clever way - I will be honestly surprised if it doesn't win this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomalak View Post
    Really? I don't know if it's considered proper to discuss the voting before it happens, but I had been considering you the front-runner. Your map is excellently executed, clear, appealing, and fulfills the requirements of the challenge in a unique & clever way - I will be honestly surprised if it doesn't win this one.
    I would agree. Even the way it's presented, as a journal of sorts, adds to the experience that this is a journey. I think you had my vote before I even submitted my own first draft! (And Tomalak, I don't think anyone will frown on our manners since it's our own maps we're voting against here... )