Thread: The world of Erinn [Please Comment]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hi,

I had found some spare time to work on the map a bit more. Currently I had finished the rose of the winds (I don´t know if that is the correct translation for the "rosa de los vientos" term, but for clarifing is the compass) and the canvas that surrounds the map.

The map itself was painted on a bovine parchment (a vellum) which is sewed to a piece of silk cloth that protects and envelops (when folded) the exterior of the map. To ensure even further the piece of leather to fabric, the map has four silver filigrees (one in each corner) that pass through each of the layers uniting them together. The compass rose is constructed with fine pieces of precious metals placed one above the other and secured to the map using small screws which have been camouflaged through the inclusion of gems.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013_01_17_World_Map_0_Complete_Rotulacion_RoftheW.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	554.7 KB 
ID:	51881

The idea is that this map actually exists in the campaign world, designed and build by a guild of cartographers who rent their services to merchants, sailors, etc. The incredible precision of the data depicted in the map comes from one of the eastern eggs hidden in the world ^^.

I would like any coment/critique that will help me to improve the map. I am not very satisfied with the exterior silk cloth color, I am thinking in change it to a crimson/gold cloth...

Bye
    Last edited by AntonioFrade; 02-06-2013 at 01:17 PM.