Hi, Mark, and thank you for your answer

I think the most important thing for me would be the homogeneity of the elements : hills, mountains, trees, desert (around the central city called Melandis, it is supposed to be a rock desert ). As I had to use brushes that were made by different people, it necessarely is heterogeneous. Same thing for the canyon...

I suppose the best way would be to create my own brushes I need, but I don't know how to have pretty ones.

One example : the northern mountains are composed by hills and mountains, but I had to use some transparency to have the mountains at the same colour as the hills. But... you can see hills behind the mountains precisely becuse they are transparent. I do agree, this is not really important, but I would like to know if there would be a way to correct that (knowing that I'm a beginner). Having a bit more practice and knowledge would allow me to draw the second (and last ?) map I would like to draw, the map of the city called Melandis (the big city where my character lives, the only one amongst important cities that has no map at all).

Another question would be : how could I figure the ocean ? I tried with some waves brushes but the result does not satisfy myself...

Oh, and an important precision : I only use GIMP for the moment (never tried another software, in fact).

Thank you again !