Thread: June 2008 Entry: Stormlit Cloister (Groam)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sigurd View Post
    On the topic of Labeling....

Its gorgeous, I love your colour choice and shape of the buildings. What are you building it in? Illustrator?

Please give us labeled and unlabeled versions if you're not sharing the work files .

Please, Please,
    Gosh, I'm glad you like it, Sigurd. I was beginning to think it looked a bit blah. The problem about mapping at this scale is that each building needs to be drawn individually and I wanted lots of them but just don't have the time. Here is the latest WIP which is still very much a WIP, but I'm just playing around with how the buildings should be located outside the monastery walls, but nothing's really working.

I might start labelling it this weekend, and sure you can have a copy labelled and unlabelled. This is all done in drawplus X2 which is like a poor man's illustrator but much easier to use.

Thanks for all the monkish info and cheers, your message really cheered me up about this drawing!

Ravs

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12 june render.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	4305  

I think I'm done now. I just couldn't get the outside bit to work, so, it's just within the walls. To tell the truth it was all getting a little too hard!

There's a labelled and unlabelled version.

Cheers

Ravs

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14 june render (unlabel).png 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	4356   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14 june render.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	4359  

Blog Entries

Lovely ! - but isn't that a sort of French way of spelling amphitheater ?

Edit -- I am getting either er or re on the end depending on who you use to look up the word but all have the 'h' in it.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-14-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Oh! I thought amphitheater was the US spelling? I looked it up on onelook.com and Wiki and it looks like they are both acceptable. You had me worried for a moment there!

cheers

Ravs

Blog Entries

Theres still an 'h' missing tho yes ? You have Amphiteatre instead of Amphitheatre.

Yikes! Thanks...I'll amend and repost!

:: Edit :: Done - and I had to sneak in one of those cool symbol fonts that Jaerdaph found.

Its very pretty, but I think the red numbers are too lurid for my tastes. Just my .02.

I love the attention you pay to the wall outline. It really suggests interesting stone work.

Sigurd