Thread: Cabin/House/Thing

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Info

Thats a very nice little house. As far as your question, think about what you might see in a fantasy setting "backyard" the dirt texture is nice but you could put a layer of "marks and gouges" on top of it to make it look like there is a lot of activity there. It's a simple matter of drawing some random scraggly lines and dark patches and then lowering the opacity so that it's just barely visible. Animals make a nice touch as well. Chickens and perhaps a goat or two wouldn't be out of place. A few barrels and some hay here and there would also make it look more "lived in". Don't forget things like weeds and maybe a tree or two on the outside of the fence. Keep up the good work !!

*EDIT*

Here is a quick sample I made using your original image to give you some ideas.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	house-02.png 
Views:	169 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	52755
    Last edited by jtougas; 03-09-2013 at 11:09 PM.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.