Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: [Region 1][Map 07][Location 02] Snapgallows

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Cool stuff!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

And next week Raith's character straps four exotic fire breathing wyverns to a stick and the folks of Snapgallows audition for the first Thrub astronaut... The one smelling the most of piddle probably gets it tho.

Heh - I have designed loads of real stuff in 3D art packages. Got lots of renders of stuff I tried to make. Usually it goes wrong at the bit where I deviate from the 3D model of it...

ohh, don't mention firebreathing wyverns, I just convinced him they don't exist! Though if Horsehair's Squirillo's can "warsh brains" I guess Raith's wyverns can breath fire at some point, maybe that is what the eggs he has, and is so secretive about, is all about..

Modelling things and working out how they would "work" is turning the FHCO in to quite the little group of critical thinkers, though if we can't figure out or find a plausible way to do something we resort to mahgikko, wijjery, and just plain, cause it does.
    In fact, we, or I should say I (they might have known), learned that old dutch windmills, or at least some of them, had the whole structure spin to catch the wind. Seen scores of them in my travels and never thought about it..It was one of those kid like "wow, cool" moments.

We are still plugging away at Snap, but with the impending school schedule it is going to take a bit of schedule work to get everyone together about twice a month, I don't want to co-opt their project, the really have a sense of pride in their work, even if they just contribute a bit of color or a funky roof to another orcs work they are happy.
    I am working on tidying up what we have that is DONE, at least for now, so I can zip and archive it, pdf it, and so on.

SeerBlue
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Blog Entries

Yes, normal Wyverns don't breath fire - thats a feat for their bigger cousins. They are supposed to have a poisoned spiked tail tho.

Windmills used to have that little wheel on the back with a mini windmill on it. I thought that when the air went through it and turned it, the mini fans turned and that was geared to a sprocket which ran around a ring to turn the big blades into the wind. A natural and elegant negative feedback system. I used to think that the blades of the big fans were solid and like a propeller but I think they are made of small slats instead and I was told that they could be set for more or less torque with a given amount of wind. I thought that both of these things were really clever.

ahh yes the poison spike tale, Raith, being quite creative has adapted that a bit, the wyverns in his care still have the poison spike, but, in a bit of whimsy he decided that he, being rather small, since Odduck shrank him, needed a cool defense, so he wears his hair long, in a wyvern tail (no beutyshop yuppie/ unwashed biker pony tails allowed in Snap) which conceals two small poison tipped iron needles. Some one picks on the little guy, swoosh goes the hair, ouch says the bully, thump goes the floor as he drops and writhes in pain.
    It is quite hilarious to watch him act it out, a cross between a shampoo commercial and a spaghetti western.
    Well I have finally gotten the pics from the camera of the FHCO getting their awards in the mail, or almost, Lemur refuses to have her picture taken until she gets her hair cut, so I have a pic of the older FHCO's with their very much appreciated awards, and 1 of Lemur's reaction to seeing her award and the envelope with all the stamps and stickers, she is very much about stamps and stickers, which the door at my place is evidence of,,,,,tons of little stickers from the floor to as high as she can reach. And she gets taller everyday.
    Thank you again, all who were involved, for all the creativity and care that went into the awards, they will soon be framed and hanging on the walls of their rooms.
    My picture taking ability is sadly inferior to that of a blind bogwallop, so the composition is pitiful, as I took the group pic, Raith did much better with Lemur's pic.
    SeerBlue and the Thankful FHCO's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	awards.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	694.7 KB 
ID:	5814   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lenaseesenvelopes.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	289.4 KB 
ID:	5815  
    SeerBlue is me, but more importantly the Four Happy Carpet Orcs +2 (FHCO +2) are Lizzy (BumbleMouse, 16), Race (Raith Eliathy, 11), Roy (Ol' Horsehair, 9), and Lena Marie (Lemur, 6) Kimi (Whurm,2), and Sachiko (MoMo,1)
    All creative inspiration is theirs, from characters to maps to tells, I only fill in the details.

Very Cute!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thanks Ravells, the kids love it.
    Just thought I would post an update, as our postings have slowed, we are still plugging away, but since I work overnights now, and my "weekends" don't match the rest of the worlds weekends, our postings will most likely appear between tuesday and thursday.
    I am now spending most of my time stocking pet food at walmart, sounds relaxing doesn't it, except this walmart is always in the top 3 for sales in the US,,,,,means a lot of 40 lb bags of doggy food every night, all night. And googoogaagaagillions of cans of cat food,,,,,,you cat people feed your cats the oddest things, and since when do dogs drink bottled vitamin water....
    But it is fun, after 5 years of retirement from the real world. Great characters work at walmart, if you happen to need some for inspiration.
    I have along list of things I have to catch up on, for both Snapgallows, Inspired Cartography and the CWBP MAPS, AND ,of course, ME-DEM.
    so we are still here, and will be for a good long time.
    SeerBlue

We are still here, the FHCO and I, it is just that now I only see all 4 of them together perhaps 2 days in a month, as my work schedule has my weekends fall in the week, instead of with their week ends.
    In my solo time, when I am not sleeping thru the daylight, I have been knocking their tells and maps about, and every once in a while they have a short bit of story to add or a crayola'd pic for me.
    Other than that, work and PDF'ing, I have been searching out a missing link in my family tree, circa 1590 Suffolk England, to connect a bit of my line running from about 1200 to 1640 to another bit running from circa 1590 to me,,,,I appear to have them all, but for one, begging the question "who's your Daddy?",,,of the 3 possible connections (, 4 men with the same name, first and last, alive at the same time, and Blogate is not a common name. 1 father, 3 uncles, or cousins, or siblings, as it is Suffolk and not Kentucky, sorry Kentucky) one has to be right.
    SeerBlue

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast